Influenced by a couple of Sam Choy's recipes.
Toss together & serve chilled:
If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can get the limu manauea and inamona at Takahashi Market in San Mateo; they get an air shipment from Hawaii on Thursdays.
- 1 ½ lb (680 g) extremely fresh ahi tuna, cut into smaller bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup (2 ½ dl ) limu manauea (seaweed), blanched
- ½ cup ( 1 ¼ dl) chopped onion
- ½ cup ( 1 ¼ dl) chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons inamona (prepared ground kukui nut)
- 1 teaspoon coarse chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce